Monday, March 27, 2006

No. 140 - Nutshell

Since I don't have anything terrribly interesting to write, I thought I would answer some of your questions, (which in many cases were related to my "Personal Factoids" and not the actual post linked) even if you thought you were asking them hypothetically. Plus, I asked for your help and assvice in some matters and nothing makes me crazier than someone who asks for your opinion and then never lets you know what was decided...

These are in no particular order:

I still have not found a replacement for the discontinued eye concealer. Clinique still makes the product, they just don't make that particular color any more. I'm still scraping what I can out of my little compact, but during a trip to the Metro I picked up a concealer from Darphin. The jury's still out.

The pumps I bought? I haven't had the occassion to wear them, with all the recent snow and everything, so they have sat in the box this past week. Just for shits and giggles I checked out B.R.'s website and the damn things are now on sale. Guess who is going to return them and get the difference credited back to my card? If they don't want to do that, I'll just return them for a full refund.

I never wore anything close to formal when playing pool. League and competitive pool is nothing like what you see at the pubs. It's call-pocket (aka gentleman's pool) and lots of potential for penalty shots: one being if anything other than the cue's tip touches any ball on the table it is a foul. Loose clothing, long sleeves, shirt tails, bracelets, long hair, etc., that could potentially touch the ball was a no-no. I stuck to bodysuits. Remember those? We're talking the 80's here, people.

I asked Mr. DD about what he thought about transferring any and all viable embryos fresh. I thought he might have a panic attack since he really thought we were going to have triplets when we transferred three the first time, but once I explained the "what's the point to freezing" theory to him, he was surprisingly receptive and quite agreeable. Now to convince Dr. Blinksalot.

It has been a full 48 hours since my last BCP. No bleeding. Not even a spot.

My grandmother's demise to ether poisoning was during a appendectomy. However, since that was 71 years ago, having that type of surgery was extremely dangerous (even now, general anesthesia is some serious shit). My mother became the proverbial step-child when her father (my grandfather) remarried. She is bitter about the loss of her mother and the addition of step-siblings to this day even though she doesn't have any tangible memories of her mother.

Thank you for easing my concerns over X's personality type. He is not Highly Sensitive per the web-test. It appears it really is due to him being 4. I now have to convince Mr. DD that his son is normal and counseling or assessment is not necessary...unless he's talking about for himself as he really can be quite impatient with X. He's an excellent father, don't get me wrong, but Mr. DD needs to realize that the way his father disciplined him is not going to cut it in this house. He's figuring this out, slowly but surely.

So...that's it in a nutshell. If there's something I missed, let me know right away because as soon as my period starts, you are going to have to deal with CD #blahblah and retrieval blahblah and transfer blahblah and beta blahblah for the next four weeks.

Personal Factoid: I was born in the very building I where I currently work almost 39 years ago.

3 Punches:

At 4:47 AM, Blogger Kellie said...

Ahhhh Bodysuits in the 80s. Those were the days. *sigh*

I used to work in the same building I was born in also. Strange that is.

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Cricket said...

Wow, so much data. I'm glad for some answers dammit.

On the female pool shark TV coverage, there's always a hoochie momma shark with her tits hanging out, and that's before she's even bending over.

Honey, tho, you do need to get out more. Born and work in the same building! Tell us about when/if you lived outside your town before cd1 hits with a bang.

 
At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your husband and mine are cut of the same ilk re: patience. My DH is also basically a good dad, but he could learn to be a little more patient.

What is this magical test you can use to find out if kid's behavior is normal or not?

I want to know what's the best vacation you've ever been on & what your dream vacation would be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home