Thursday, March 09, 2006

My Eyes Have Not Seen The Glory

I want to thank Clinique personally for discontinuing my fave undereye concealer, City Cover, Compact Concealer, SPF 15, 03 City Light Pink. I'd also like to thank Hereditary, Father Time, Mother Nature, and Insomnia (and a nod to poor skin-care regimen in my 20's) for taking the "dark, smoky eye" look just a little too far on me.

You bastards.

I am literally scraping out the last vestiges of creamy gold from the compact. My dear friend who lives up by St. Paul, MN even went to the outlet there and *gasp*, not even the stock taken from the department stores has been delegated to this last venue.

I would spend my last IVF nickel on finding a suitable replacement product that successfully covers the dark pigment under my eyes, but doesn't make me look like a raccoon in the negative. Any suggestions?

10 Punches:

At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, that sucks. Aren't there companies that will custom match discontinued makeup? I know there are, I just don't know the names. You might do a google search. I feel tlike Allure mentions these companies all the time. Or maybe Perscriptives does it. I know they custom blend foundation... Good luck!!

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger DD said...

I have googled it, but to no avail, except this place in Australia. When I had found out that they disc'd the item a couple months ago, I found several sites that carried it, but I figured the outlets would have it so I didn't snatch up what I could then. Shit.

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

I recommend Touche Eclat as it is the bomb!!!

 
At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have just learned to live with my Uncle Fester eyes.

I'll use Physicians Formula Yellow stick UNDER my foundation and Cover Girl (Fair to medium) concealer over that. By lunch, I'm back to looking like I haven't slept in 3 days.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

I'm a MAC fan.

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger The Queen Mama said...

I hear Dermablend makes a powerhouse formula. If life keeps going at the rate it's now going, I will be giving it a try myself soon. I don't know if it's available anywhere but online...my hesitation would be finding a good skin tone match the first time out.

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Cricket said...

I used to 'sell' BeautiControl. I never sold anything, just signed up and got a load of stuff free a few years ago.

They have 2 kinds of concealer. The one with the wand is lighter, but the one in the little tube covers well. If I remember correctly, they only have light, med, dark, so there aren't a lot of colors to choose from.

Seems like they have stuff for helping the eye area and dark circles.

I've had dark circles for so long, I don't know if I'd recognize myself without them. Allergy shiners, or so they call 'em. I remember one ped seeing J for the first time off handedly asked what allergies he had and was floored when I told him none. I'm sure it was J's allergy shiners talking, even tho his are undiagnosed.

 
At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Clinique ladies couldn't recommend anything? I hate when favorite cosmetics are discontinued. There was an eye shadow palette by Almay that I loved called "Moon Glimmer." They were tones of taupe without looking too grey or too brown. They discontinued that, and I've never found a replacement (though I did find a palette of smoky blues that I adore).

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger OvaGirl said...

This is a long shot but try writing a charming letter to the company explaining how much you loved the product and how disappointed you are that it has been discontinued. A friend of mine did this ages ago (and I can't remember the company)and was sent a whole lot of free product as replacement.

 
At 3:40 AM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

I just read something in a mag about a new Clinique under-eye concealer. Perhaps they are just re-jigging the product?? Don't give up hope yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home