Thursday, March 23, 2006

No. 137 - This Post Has Nothing To Do With Weight

Hey! Guess what? Did ya'll know that I'm doing a 2nd IVF? Yep. No kidding. So I thought I'd give you an update.

I have TWO more BCP to take. It's nice not having PMS symptoms so my body doesn't know I'm planning a covert operation that will leave my uterus rocking in my upcoming period's wake.

I suddenly realized earlier this week that the hair cut and color I was putting off until sometime next month HAD TO BE DONE NOW! Ack! And my hairstylist is never available last minute. Double Ack! Minor miracle, she has an opening next Tuesday. I'll probably be on CD1 or 2 and not yet starting my stims.

I'm not on Lupron. My RE is into the Antagon, which is taken on approximately CD9 through 11.

My next acupuncture appointment is this Saturday. I'm hoping for some type of reaction to the treatment other than "eh".

At the earliest, we could do a transfer on April 8th, which happens to be Mr. DD's birthday. Of course there are some mixed feelings there. I've lost 6 unrelated months to miscarriages; due dates that never happened; and ART failure anniversaries. I really don't want his birthday to be trumped by The Transfer That Turned to Shit, II.

I've also been seriously contemplating transferring any and all viable embryos in lieu of just the 3 or 4 best and freezing any remaining. Based on our last IVF and subsequent (almost) FET, if there's one good embryo, why not give it the best chance and place it fresh? On the flip side, we miraculously get 5 good embryos that all decide to implant (oh, stop, you're killing me!), I am fully prepared to not only consider, but follow through with selective reduction. Think what you may because the likelihood of that happening is next to nil.

So, there you go. The crib notes for IVF #2. Nothing really exciting. In fact, I'm still waiting for the adrenaline to kick in. I occasionally catch myself fantasizing about this one not only working, which the last one "technically" did, but actually resulting in me bitching about how much it sucks to be pregnant for 8 more months. I'm hoping it's not just crazy talk this time.

Personal factoid: I have one brother and four sisters. I'm the 5th child.

4 Punches:

At 4:45 AM, Blogger Cricket said...

I hope the ute etc cooperates for you.

About transferring them all, I think it makes sense. It could potentially give you all the children you want in one shot, with you being in control.

Good grief - I can't tell you the people I know born on April 8. I was married to one.

 
At 5:03 AM, Blogger Katie said...

I love this line: "It's nice not having PMS symptoms so my body doesn't know I'm planning a covert operation that will leave my uterus rocking in my upcoming period's wake."

I hope acupuncture goes better for you too-- I loved when I was going and my favorite needle was that one right between my eyes.

 
At 5:33 AM, Blogger Kellie said...

Wow - I didn't realize that you were *that* close to doing #2 - how exciting and terrifying.

I think it makes sense transferring all your embryos. That is probably what I would do also. What does your husband think?

Take care and I hope your acupuncture apt. is all you want it to be.

 
At 6:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope to hear you bitching!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home