Friday, March 24, 2006

No. 138 - Oh. My. G*d

I am speechless.

I am repulsed.

“The ‘ideal’ model for Pro-Life”?

“…her decision of placing family before career.”?

“…’water retentive’ hands.”?

The figure has reference to her pole-dancing?

This has got to be your finest hour, Pro-Lifers. I think you are on to something here. In fact, I have a brilliant suggestion: instead of having 2 or 3 year old children lining the sides of busy streets and highways holding placards of dead fetuses, you should create several replicas of this and have those children straddle her back and parade this up and down the street.

Yes, it’s fucking brilliant…and I guess I wasn’t completed speechless, but am still greatly repulsed.

15 Punches:

At 7:16 AM, Blogger EJW said...

Right. The ideal model is a woman who basically stole her druggie husband from another family.

Also, supposedly the statue (?) has the baby crowning. Don't they know she had an elective C-section?

 
At 7:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I just lost the will to live.

Holy shit, that's fucked up.

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Wow, finally a sculpture to unseat Michael Jackson and his monkey as most disturbing sculpture ever.

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger DinosaurD said...

I'm sorry DD - I'm killing myself laughing right now (can you hear me all the way down there).
I take it you don't want me to commission a similar piece for your new house?
DinoD

 
At 8:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pro-lifers should put this in front of Planned Parenthood clinics and it'll be better than birth control pills. No one will EVER want to have sex again.

She did have a c-sec, didn't she?

I have to go throw up now

 
At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh. My. God. Bring me a basin, I am going to be sick.
That was so disturbing on so many levels.

 
At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeeeeaaah.

Do you think he's going to make additional sculptures of Shar Jackson's kids?

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Nico said...

Oh. my. god. First of all, Ms Spears did not look at all like that when she was pregnant. Her face was... um... a LOT chubbier than that. Plus, I think anyone's knees would kill after even a minute in that position. The whole thing is a load of crap.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Demeter said...

Well, I guess this is what art is meant to do, corrupt us, distabilize us, and brake into the core of our values. Not my cup of tea....As I see no beauty in the image I see.

 
At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is WTF? I'm not sure I even fully understand where they are going with this one.
Whoo!

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger beagle said...

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

So she is pro-life and pro child endangerment? (driving with her kid on her lap) . . . good to know.

Only BS (Funny how her initials spell out BS) . . . only BS could make motherhood and pregnancy look completely and utterly slutty and repulsive.

What a waste of space and bronze (or whatever).

Unreal.

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

good post i did injoy it!!

 
At 6:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really want to write a comment, but I'm just speechless.

Hey, better she be the pro-life mascot than the pro-choice one.

That's all I have to say about that.

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Kellie said...

I just don't get how that can be mascot for anything other than an enema "how-to" brochure?

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Cricket said...

I saw other discussions about it asking how accurate it is for childbirth.

I don't know about, but they generally discourage pushing uphill like that.

Clearly, a man did it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home