Wednesday, March 22, 2006

No. 136 - Blog Housekeeping

Oh, Blogger, you Royal Piece of Crap. Free that you are, you are causing me undo gray hairs and wrinkles. If only you could use your power for good instead of evil...*sigh*.

I had a nice (I can say "nice" as I am the only one who has seen it and therefore I really am entitled to my own opinion) post, but it is sitting in Draft form. The pictures I wanted to post with it just wouldn't load. *grumble, grumble, pieceofbloggercrap, grumble*

So, I set up one of those Fluckr accounts, just to see how much more computer jargon I can totally confuse my little self with. It's over there on the right, you just have to scroll down since this is a short post.

Any advice from anyone who has one of these accounts would be appreciated. And BTW, for you girls who visit often (or even those guys who just stumbled through by googling "DD Boobs" or "where does term knocked up come from") should go stick a pin in my map while you're perusing my Fo-Toes.

Personal factoid: I graduated with a BS without incurring any student loans or debt by going to a state college, getting scholarships and enrolling into work study programs.

6 Punches:

At 5:29 AM, Blogger Cricket said...

I've had 2 photo posts lately and they were bears to get up. I upload pictures to a 2nd blogger account, get the url of the pictures, then compose in my regular blog. That's the only way I get more than 1 pic per post. It is so cumbersome. When the Hello piece o shit doesn't work or appears to be working and doesn't, it crazes me. It shouldn't take hours to post. On these posts, I kept at it, tho, figuring out the pattern for when it did work: when the blog w/pic came up on screen. I've looked into other hosting w/out success. The ones I found, you couldn't display in the post, had to go by link, not what I wanted.

 
At 5:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use Picassa for photos. It's free too!

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger Kellie said...

I use Flickr also and found that it's easier to add the picture url into your blogger post AFTER you have your text done. Then go into edit html mode and individually add the image urls where you want them. It's kind of a pain but Flickr does a really good job of resizing images without loosing quality.

Email me if you want help.

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger DinosaurD said...

Ahhh - your blog just ate my comment (or perhaps that should be, blogger just ate my comment).
I was complaining about my inability to actually pull up your map (and pin myself onto it - ugh bad visual here).
Anyway, I will try again later.
DinoD

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger DinosaurD said...

It's a bad day - I finally pulled your map up and I'm already there. Now I have very strange spacing on my comment. I know, I know SHUT-UP DinoD.
DinoD

 
At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't used to struggle with uploading photos, but lately it's been unbearable. Lately Blogger has been screwing me, though... Something is up.

I just read your food post. We are ALMOST Food Opposites.

Mmmm cheese.... Mmmmm nuts....
Not gelatin though. Or bacon. blech.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home