Wednesday, March 15, 2006

No. 130 - Musical Taste...or Lack Thereof

Should I be worried that there is something wrong with me when every time I hear James Blunt sing “You’re Beautiful”, I desperately wish to gouge out my eardrums with an ice pick?

And if you don’t think that makes me a freak, what if I told you I really am digging Prince’s new single off his 3121 album, “Black Sweat”?

***************************

As for the “glorious poops” from yesterday’s post, I was paraphrasing. It’s just that there were a ton of questions about bowel movements, menstrual flow, and other bodily functions. Because really, how would one define “stupid people” in the other question? On any given day, everyone around me fits that definition. No, I’m not that smart. I’m just that easily agitated.

Factoid #2 - I was State Champion in the Nebraska State Games for Women's Billiards in 1993.

13 Punches:

At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, no. You should be far more worried about me. I actually liked that cheesy song the first 2 million times I heard it. Is it possible I'm regressing into a 15 year old girl?

 
At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

James Blunt makes me homocidal. It was fine until I actually saw him sing the song with those pathetic sappy eyes that wouldn't stop staring creepily at the camera. Ugh.

Billiards champ? Is there going to something even weirder in the next post?

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger K said...

Oh my gosh I hate that "Beautiful" song! Is he a stalker or something? I dig me some Prince though...

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Cricket said...

So did you play pool in ballroom gowns?

Silly, I know, but if you ever watch those chicks on TV, you can't help but to *wonder* how they hell they choose their clothing: low cut tops, push up bras, and tight pants. They really stand out against the butchy mom looking types.

 
At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I adore Prince, but am relieved to say that I do not know who James Blunt is. My eardrums are safe!
Also, you are the most fascinating person, with your dancing and your billiards...

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger chris said...

I hate that "You're Beautiful" song. And you know who I really dislike, John Mayer. I want to gouge my eardrums out when I ear his wimpy, self-satisfied voice. And when I think of the rumor that he wrote "Your Body is a Wonderland," I rinse my brain out with clorox.

God, I'm tolerant these days.

 
At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it just me or does start singing in the beginning before he's supposed to??? It sounds like he does the opening line, stops, then does the opening line again!

I hate that song too.

I have Prince's Greatest Hits vII on my Ipod. "Gett Off" is one of my faves!

Wow that DD! ballroom dancing, lies about her height & billiards too, what a well rounded woman!

 
At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you gouge out my eardrums while you're at it? Shudder. As for Prince's new single, I have not yet had the pleasure.

And "glorious poops" made me laugh out loud. Better than the clinical stuff you hear here from old ladies talking to each other on the bus behind you!

Billiards and dancing, eh? I'm compressed. BTW, I say I'm five seven too -- but I'm actually five ten. :)

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger DrSpouse said...

I hate you, now I will be singing that song for hours!

aaargh!

 
At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God dd you crack me up.

My acupuncturist sort of made me feel weird at first, too. Now I don't see her as a hippie at all, and I really love my appointments.

If you don't feel like talking to her, don't talk. You don't really need to have rapport. Tell her about your cervical mucus, poops, hemorrhoids, menstruation, and then relax. It's really good for you, I promise.

James Blunt was on TRL today. When he's not singing and making bedroom eyes at the camera he's actually quite funny. Not charming enough to make me a fan, though

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger DinosaurD said...

You are evil - I went and listened to the Blunt. And what is with that video? Are they hoping women will stay tuned to see exactly how naked he'll become? I do like the part where he takes the big leap (I enjoy it on several levels - perhaps it's the last I'll see of him).
The husband just ordered me an ipod - it will definitely be a "Blunt" free device
DinoD

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Kellie said...

I truly hate that song, especially when the video comes on. Something about him makes me want to rip him limb from limb.

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Okay the first time I heard Beautiful, I liked it. But I'm done now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home