Thursday, December 29, 2005

SIF TTC Via IVF/ICSI - PUPO 4 Now

I have since day 1 of blogging wanted to create a user friendly list of commonly used acronyms related to infertility, pregnancy, miscarriage, etc., etc., and have just put it off as I eventually started figuring things out.

I found two websites that carry mostly medical acronyms, plus an unbelievable number of ways to indicate you were having sex with DH (Dear Husband) that are in my opinion, stupid and in some cases, down-right sophomoric: LO - Love Olympics. Hellooo!? We are all adults here, right?

What of course is not on there is the less-medical related acronyms that most of us have come to know and love: NBHHY (Nothing Bad Has Happened Yet) and PUPO (Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise). BTW (By The Way), even I had to ask someone what LMAO (Laughing My Ass Off) was and I saw IMHO, and still can't figure that one out; and just yesterday I saw "ttytt" in a comment related to a comment I had made. WTF (What The F*ck)?

So, please feel free to fill me on on the two above I don't know, but I would also like to see what some of your favorites are that you use or see while blogging. Then at some other point in the future (when I eventually get my website redesigned by someone fabu who has time) I will have them in a handy-dandy list, right there as a side-bar. Not a link, 'cause I hate that. AND I certainly won't include all of the ones on the two links above because I think they're either stupid or irrelevant.

AND...OMT (One More Thing?), If you haven't pinned yourself to my map, please take a moment. It's fun and actually quite painless.

6 Punches:

At 6:00 PM, Blogger K said...

IMHO = In My Humble Opinion

Not sure about the other one.

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Nico said...

I use TTYS (Talk To You Soon) quite a bit in emails, although not so much in blogging. It may be related to ttytt, although I can't quite figure out what the last t might be. I could also be totally off base. Other's a like are ROFL (Rolling On the Floor Laughing), which is what some posts have done to me! I had been wondering what PUPO was, so thanks for clearing that up :-)

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Nico said...

P.S. I'm glad you're still PUPO! Hoping, hoping...

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger scissorbill said...

PUPO? That reminds me of larvae. Yuck. Anything to keep your mind off of HPT's. (Everyone knows that abbreviation, right?)

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Nico said...

I just looked at the websites. AWOL (A Woman On Lupron) made me LOL.

My Dx isn't on there - hypothalamic amenorrhea (HA). And they have CB wrong. It's not a cycle buddy, it's the Crimson Bitch. Which I think is a much better pseudonym than AF. This is fun!

 
At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ttytt= to tell you the truth =) (I had to google it... I'm not that smart!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home