Tuesday, December 27, 2005

"Let's Make A Deal" or other ways to make the next few days pass a little less painfully!

.
Three more full days before my beta. It's time to play the IVF version of "LET'S MAKE A DEAL!"

Should I select Door #1!

Take the Evil Piss Test Thursday or Friday (I only have one left in the drawer and I swear I'm not buying another)...


Or, should I select Door #2!

Wait until Saturday a.m. beta results, which will mean an early bloodletting and then waiting a couple hours before I get any results...


Or, should I select Door #3!

Take the Evil Piss Test Saturday a.m. and THEN do the beta just so I can see if the hospital would acutally admit me for a mental condition when the fucking piss test glares back at me with only 1 line in a symbolic gesture of "the finger!"


Now remember, your choice will be negated in the event there is an early arrival of any one of the following: Aunt Flow, Bloody Bloomers, The Visitor, Maroon 5 (god, I wish I could remember who put that in their post once!), Mentrual Cycle, Moon Blood, etc., etc.

The voting process will begin NOW! In the event of a tie, I'll just do what I want to do...so there. *****raspberry******

8 Punches:

At 8:57 PM, Blogger Cricket said...

I vote for Friday. If it is positive, it bodes well for Saturday. If it is negative, it doesn't mean a thing and you have the beta to say for sure on Saturday.

But then what do I know?

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger The Queen Mama said...

I would go for option 2. I mean, really, those pee tests have such a HIGH false negatives when taken early...why take one and have the possibility of a false negative to dash your hopes so soon?

Maybe just give it a little more time...but that's just me.

 
At 4:01 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Don't do it! The chance of false negative is too high. As you know, I got negative on the "early predictor" test and didn't even get a faint line when I did one just for fun, until my beta was 62 - and it supposedly picks up 15-25. I really wish I hadn't done the one before my first beta.

 
At 5:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:::holding up 2 fingers:::

WAIT! WAIT!

I also vote for #2 but then again, I tested early & got a BFN but I *knew* it should have been a positive. So how DO you feel????

 
At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what you should do. With my last injectible/IUI cycle I did a pee stick the morning of the beta, which, of course, was negative. I felt like an idiot and almost lost it while she took my blood. BUT, I was very glad when the phone call came and I was mentally prepared for the news. I would think if by some miracle, the beta had been positive I would have been overjoyed and that would be really cool. So, I personally am glad I did it and got the bad news in the privacy of my own powder blue bathroom.

I don't know if that helps, just my 2 cents. I hope you can find some peace and distraction the next couple days. I know its hard. I'll be thinking of you.

 
At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Joie- do it Saturday. At least that way, if its a negative, you are somewhat mentally prepared in case the blood test does come out negative.

Try to hang in there... I so hope this works for you.

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger scissorbill said...

Am I the only one who would take the test Thursday? I once got a positive FRE with FMU and my beta was 6. So I'm all for home diagnostics as long as they're taken with a grain of salt. Good luck!!!!!

 
At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susan (holding pattern) first used the maroon 5 moniker as far as I can remember. I'd be peeing already and I'd certainly want to know before the clinic called me if poss, but you need to do what works for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home