Tuesday, December 20, 2005

More blah, blah, blah and News on the Eggs

Until this past July, I had never heard of a “blog”. If someone would have tried to explain the concept to me, I’m sure I would have scoffed at such silly and voyeuristic undertaking; a “look at me!” type of activity relegated to the ‘tweens and teens who’ve become bored with spending their days at the mall.

But I started to read them. I would come back to a couple favorites several times a day and read archives; then I would follow links and add them to my favorites, and so-on and so-on, like a sticky snowball rolling down a hill. My initial participation was limited to just reading, and then one day I posted my first comment. I don’t remember whose blog it was on, but I remember clicking on “View Draft” several times and reading and re-reading my comment to make sure it had the right amount of intelligence, witticism, and that I had spelled everything right. It was probably something as simple as “Good luck, hope everything goes well,” but I broke the blogging hymen.

Within a couple of weeks I felt like a commenting pro, but wanted to be more involved. So, I started this blog. I initially felt a little left out of the loop and thought no one was reading my blog and I wasn’t getting comments, which to me is the validation of any blog’s existence. Yes, I’m a whore for comments.

Then Cat came along and she was my first regular. I had found my virtual street corner and I had a john. Of course there were others, but Cat and I reciprocated because we were both newbies to the blogging scene and I feel a bit of motherly pride knowing she is now expecting after her loss from this summer. Soon after, I found myself included in the Midwestern Bloggers, even if I invited myself into their group, they willingly and lovingly welcomed me. I now have found someone who is going to the same clinic I am in the Metro, and we have had fun pointing out some of our likes and dislikes privately. Make sure to go wish her luck. Suzanne is exactly one week AHEAD of me and is supposed to test Christmas Eve. No pressure there, right?

That’s what I love about blogging. We are complete strangers. I wouldn’t know you from Eve if I passed you on the street. But we are more than strangers; we are sisters (no offense to any male lurkers) in a virtual world. If Jerry and I hadn’t moved onto ART, I never would have found you and for that, I am a just a smidgeon grateful for this past year of hell.

Yes, a rather long and rambling post, for which I could have just said, “I LOVE YOU, MAN!” with a slurring, drooling wipe of the mouth, a raucous beer burp, and an overly ambitious thump on the back, but I got to keep up my appearance as a sophisticated lady . . . Fuckin’ A!

Segway:
Tomorrow is Squirty up the Clacker Day (Thanks, OvaGirl). Yesterday they called to tell me 8 of the 10 eggs fertilized (remember, we are doing ICSI). When they called this morning with an update, I was told we now have 9! Dr. Blinksalot will call me tomorrow morning to give me additional details about what we are doing. I have so many mixed feelings, my stomach hurts thinking about it.

That puts my pregnancy test on New Year’s Eve/New Years’ Day. Yes, I will probably cheat before then.

10 Punches:

At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn! There's something wrong with my computer screen. It's getting all blurry & drippy looking. Oh wait! I'm all teary eyed. Really! You made me cry!

I'm so happy to hear the results of the ICSI and I hope and pray that you'll ring in the New Year with a glass of sparkling cider since..
YOU CAN'T DRINK CHAMPAGNE WHEN YOUR KNOCKED UP!!!!

 
At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fertilisation report is wonderful, I'm so pleased! The docs have lots to chose from for squirty up the clacker day. Good luck.

And I so empathised with the blogging hymen thing. Same thing happened to me.

 
At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah- I'm so glad to hear the fert. report. Those #s are great (and very similar to mine).

Good luck tomorrow and enjoy bed rest.

And I heart you too. It is a good community we have here, isn't it?

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Away2me said...

I'm a comment whore too! So here's my comment...
good luck with the squirty up the clacker and have a happy holiday!

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Cass said...

I'm thrilled to hear the fert report - such great news! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger Cricket said...

Wow! 9!

Good luck today.

 
At 6:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

9 out of 10! Huzzah!

You make some kick ass eggs, girl.

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Good luck today, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

 
At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hells yeah! That is excellent news. 9 eggs must be some sort of ICSI record?

Hey, we loves you, too. We really need to have a blog-fest soon.

 
At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Computer Repairs Chesapeake said...

Greeat reading your blog post

 

Post a Comment

<< Home