Tuesday, April 18, 2006

No. 164 - When It Shits, It Pours **UPDATED**

Guess what news I got today from a friend of a friend of my Nutbag SIL, Ella? Her other Golden Child is 15 weeks pregnant. She announced it at the Easter lunch. You know? The one WE didn't go to because it is indeed a proven fact that Mr. DD's sister is a heartless bitch and could not, even to her brother, apologize or swallow her pride long enough to announce to him that his niece was now expecting.

** This news did NOT come from a "friend of a friend". Nutbag was actually on the phone with my friend/fellow co-worker, when Nutbag said so coyly, "Did you hear I'm going to be a grandma again?" She went out of her way to tell someone she hardly knows, but knew was a friend of mine and an office-mate before she even told her brother. I've already used the most derogatory word I can think of to describe the Nutbag after that news. Right now I despise her beyond words for her manipulative attempt to raise her brother's ire. All together now: What a C*nt! I do not hold the niece innocent of this as she has not made any attempts at this point either. My in-laws have reached a whole new level of psychotic. **

I am so repulsed by this news, I can barely keep myself from screaming. Actually, all I can think about is what will happen when X someday announces to us that he and his wife of 3 years are expecting their first child? I may be 65 when that happens, but I wonder, will I will cringe in horror and pain at the news? Will I enviously stare at her belly as she grows with the pregnancy? Or will I disown them on the spot?

That's how angry and unfair I feel about everyone and everything around me right now. Is it possible I will still remain this bitterly disappointed when my own child announces his own good fortune years into the future when I'm an old woman? God, I'm sick, I really am.

Then to top it off, Suzanne received a negative beta on her second IVF today. But damn, if that woman isn't a pillar of strength and fortitude! I wish she was my sister-in-law instead, I really do. So please make sure to drop in with some support as she already prepares herself for the next step.

Slip on your rubbers; it's getting knee deep around here and I don't see the clouds breaking anytime soon.


Personal factoid: Did I mention my SIL can be a real bitch?

6 Punches:

At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is toxic. Even when we make a concious effort to remove toxic people from our lives, when one is related to the poison it is so much easier said than done. I'm sorry the shit is pouring. I hope the storm passes soon.

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger K said...

I am sorry and understand completely how you feel. Shitstorms suck, but you aren't alone in this one. I'll pull on the waders and go thru it with ya.

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Jen said...

What the hell is wrong with your nutbag SIL? Just reading about her rudeness and insensitivity boils my blood!

I'm sorry you have to deal with all this. I hope the shitstorm begins to dry out soon.

Btw, thanks so much for all your kind words on my blog. I'll be thinking of you and crossing my fingers on your beta day!

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Cricket said...

I understand your concern so completely - will I ever get over being bitter long enough to enjoy the stuff I'm supposed to enjoy?

It's okay. Let it get deep. You deserve to rant.

 
At 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I have to comment. The only reason you react the way you do when you hear others ( your neices) are expecting is because of your Nutbag SIL. She acts as though HER WORLD is THE WORLD. She needs to grow up and realize there are others in this universe. When X announces his wonderful news, it will be just that, WONDERFUL. The only reason you'll be upset is you'll realize how old you are. A GRANDMA?!?!! Now thats scary.

 
At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My SIL looks at her husband and gets pregnant. It is so annoying considering it took me 14 months to get pregnant with my second daughter.

As far as your poll question goes, I think secondary is worse, because you already know what you're missing. That's how I felt anyway. Good luck to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home