Friday, April 14, 2006

No. 152 - Nomes, Nats and Pilgrims


I’ve got the focus of a gnat right now. Or maybe a gnome. What is with that silent “g”? It’s these examples that I love giving to people who bitch about immigrants not learning the English language. It’s because it lacks consistency and it’s stupid. This coming from someone who is most certainly Unilingual.

Gnat
Gnome
Gname? Nope, Name. Drunken, witch-burning, illiterate Pilgrims (hey, I want to make sure to blame it on someone who isn’t going to threaten to kick my ass).

Speaking of drunk, witch-burners: I just got a call from the clinic. Miraculously the transfer is still on for tomorrow morning. All four embryos are currently at Grade 1, which is so totally arbitrary, but I can’t help but breathe a sigh of relief anyway. If all four decide to hold out another 24 hours, we will transfer all. No chance for an IVF Lite (aka FET - frozen embryo transfer) if this doesn’t work, which it better, dammit, or I’m going to have to take up drinking and I hate hangovers.

I called Annod to let her know what time the transfer is so she will open her office early to do a pre-transfer acupuncture treatment. Later I will go back for a post-transfer treatment.

I brought a half-full (see: half-full, not half-empty!) bag of Dove chocolate eggs to work with me just in case the news wasn’t good. However, I think I will celebrate this surprisingly good news by eating one or two (dozen); or at least one for every wish of good luck and hope you all sent me from yesterday’s post as a tribute to a beautiful group of people. Especially those who take the time to wish the embryos well even when you are feeling your own pressures. I really wish I could take it all away for each of you.


Personal factoid: One of my favorite albums is Metallica's Black Album.

20 Punches:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

That's great news, take the chocolate with you - embryos love valium and chocolate. It's a scientific fact.

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Well-heeled mom said...

Oh yeah, another reason to like you. Metallica rocks. We are metal heads at our house, and the boy? Loves Rob Zombie.

Awesome news on the embryos. I would transfer all as well. I always dreamed of multiple babies.

The english language. The boy is studying letter sounds at preschool. We've been spelling words on the fridge at home. It's already started with the rules - well yes, that works on this word but not on that word. Egads. Who made this shit up anyway????

Karen

 
At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! I'll be checking on you obsessively for the next few days. You don't mind having a stalker, do you? Good luck and enjoy the chocolate.

 
At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh and on the language front, just heard that German was almost made the official US language, back in ye olden days. (Founding fathers were not so keen on having same language as the Mother Country and figured that English and German are in the same family of languages so it wouldn't be too much of a strech, according to my not entirely reliable source.)

 
At 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful news, my dear!

I'll be checking in on you.

 
At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All of my chanting - Four, Four, Four - must be working.
Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you tomorrow.

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger EJW said...

Great news. Good luck with transfer, I so hope this is it for you guys.

 
At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad the news was good... here's hoping for four wonderful embryo's keen on staying put!

Enjoy the chocolate celebration! =)

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger beagle said...

Wishing you loads of luck with these four troopers!

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger butterfly cocoon said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger butterfly cocoon said...

Your embryos have missed you and are working hard for tomorrow because they want to be reunited with you. They cannot wait to be in your uterus! They want to make it their home and to be nourished and warm in the natural environment of their mom.
It will all go beautifully.

 
At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's wonderful to hear! Keeping you and your 4 healthy embryos in my thoughts for tomorrow!

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Kellie said...

Great news!! Good luck tomorrow!! I'll be thinking of you. I agree with Suzanne - chocolate and valium is definetly the way to go.

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Cricket said...

I just saw Amelie this week! I am splitting a gut!

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger kati said...

I'm glad to hear all four are doing great!

 
At 5:11 AM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Rooting for you and those embryos today, DD.

 
At 5:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope the transfer went well! Great news about the embryos ...

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Lala said...

I hope you get great news and don't need the chocolate. Can you send it here? You've given me a craving!

 
At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is great news! By the time I learned this, your transfer has happened, I'm sure. I hope it went well, and I will be thinking lots of good sticky thoughts for you!

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger DinosaurD said...

Ahem, I know you have a life and all (and hopefully you are nicely settled in bed for a while) but still.
Update please? We need to know exactly how many embryos we are pulling for (I don't want to wish triplets or quadruplets on you or anything).
DinoD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home