Wednesday, April 12, 2006

No. 150 - . . . Or Is It No. 158?

WTF? My blogger account tells me today I have 157 posts. That's not what it said when I posted No. 149. I either need to stop bitching about a free blog or get something that I can bitch about AND pay for...

~*~*~*~*

I had my retrieval today. My alarm didn't go off (oops, set for 4:00 PM) so when in a daze, I turned to see my clock said 4:35 a.m. I nearly fell on my face getting up so quickly. Do any of you get those headaches that come on from getting up too fast? They suck, but I was able to wash my face, brush my teeth and put on some clean underwear before we headed out the door 15 minutes later. I could go on and on about having to drive two hours to see our RE, but I believe I already have...

Once we got to the hospital and maneuvered our way through all the stupid construction, we caught an elevator to the L&D department with a couple who was obviously there to be induced (her, not him). I couldn't help but stare at them. They were young. He had his baseball cap turned backwards and pulled down past his eyebrows. I so badly wanted to knock the hat off his head and tell him it's time to grow the fuck up. Luckily, Mr. DD was holding my hand in a death grip that silently warned me to MYOB. The girl was Goth Nouveau: no heavy makeup but had more rivets in her eyebrows, cheek, nose and chin than the Golden Gate Bridge. Then there were the earrings and finger/toe rings. "Psst, honey, you really should have left all your precious metal at home. If you have to go in for a c-section, the baby could walk out with how long it would probably take to remove all your piercings. I'm just saying..." Again, more squeezing of my hand from Mr. DD.

Once we made it to the procedure room, Dr. Blinksalot was trying to get my legs situated in the stirrups and asked me if I was comfortable. I answered that I was so comfortable I may have to get a table like it in my own home. Nothing like having your bits splayed for the world while your legs are velcroed into stirrups. At least I could watch TV framed by my feet and not worry about falling out if I dozed off.

Mr. DD said things were not too easy for him, either. While in his room performing, two professionals were outside his door discussing an unrelated case rather loudly. I told him he should have opened the door, asked for a little privacy, and then inquired if either of them have ever heard of HIPAA. He thought that might be even more of a mood killer. He eventually got the deed done.

Dr. Samelastnameasme did not perform the aspiration. Whether or not she could have made any more follicles appear out of mid-air, like she did in December, will never be known. I was told 7 on Monday and 7 is what they got today by Dr. Blinksalot.

Remember No. 147 where I asked you to tell me funny stories? BTW, thanks everyone. I did smirk, smile and laugh out loud. One of the commenters I replied to; thanked her personally; and she replied back with this: "I always think of Nebraska as a fertile place, because it's where I was finally able to have my kids with assisted reproduction. And since we've moved from there, Nebraska's magic has stayed in Nebraska." I can't tell you how much I am holding on to that thought right now in this stage of the game.

Transfer, if all goes well, will be Saturday.


Personal factoid: I have been buying my pants one size too big for me for the past two years in anticipation I will be pregnant.

7 Punches:

At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GGGRRR!!! I HATE waking up like that!! I do however get a small piece of joy when I roll over & see the clock reading 6:42 and get that moment of panic before I realize that it's Saturday....

Speaking of Saturdays (ooh, Cat made a segue)I'm hoping for the best for you!

 
At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seven! Seven is good. I'm hoping for good things these next few days . . .

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Well-heeled mom said...

In spite of what you may have heard otherwise over the years, seven is a very lucky number.

Hats on backwards? You know that bill back there behind your head? Yeah, it's to keep the sun out or your eyes, dumbass.

Karen

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Thalia said...

7 sounds ok to me, I hope they turn out to be the right seven.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Thalia said...

7 sounds ok to me, I hope they turn out to be the right seven.

 
At 3:53 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

I'm partial to 7, it's the day I was born so it sounds like a nice number to me. You'll have plenty of good ones for saturday.

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger Nico said...

I'm impressed that you managed to wake up at 4:35 without the alarm. That's some serious subconcious working.

I hope you get some good news about fertilization over the next couple of days!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home