Tuesday, March 28, 2006

No. 141 - Nurse Robbi

Well, I called my clinic and spoke to a Nurse Robbi. Never have talked to her. Not sure I want to again.

I explained I took my last BCP Saturday p.m. and still no spotting/bleeding.

"We usually give it 4-5 days. If it hasn't started by Friday, you should probably come in."

'Scuze me? By tomorrow’s end it will have been 4 days. If it doesn't start tomorrow, I will be coming IN Friday, whether they want me to or not (I'd come in Thursday, but I have a ton of meetings that I can't miss).

Job requirement for any RE clinic’s staff is that they should have had to struggle with infertility at one time or another in their lives. The current staff acts as if we women are all a bunch of whiney ninnies and I will be sure to say so the next time I see Dr. Blinksalot. A little respect for my raw, frazzled, and fucked up nerves, thank you. That will keep me from spontaneously kicking you in the mouth at my next ultrasound or screaming uncontrollably while you try to draw my blood.

Bitch.

Personal factoid: I am petrified of crickets (no offense, Cricket). The big, black, crunchy crickets.

8 Punches:

At 9:22 AM, Blogger Cricket said...

Offense taken.

You are a shithead.

And I am laughing my Big Bottom off.

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Well-heeled mom said...

Delurking to say I, too, am scared to death of crickets. Other bugs/insects? No problem. Just crickets. Not sure why. Perhaps the sound they make, both on their own and when stepped on or eaten by a now deceased pet cat.

My son will be 4 in April. Now, he's adopted, so we can't really blame any of his personality traits on ourselves - unless you believe nurture outweighs nature. He was always such a pleasure to be around, and many people told us to have another child just so we would know how lucky we were with this one. Now, not so much. Sometimes we wonder if he is the spawn of satan. HA!

Karen

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

I agree re: RE clinics staff requirements. Show a little compassion at the very least. Bitch.

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Kellie said...

I think you should mention that to the doctor - I ratted out a receptionist from hell and my doctor was SHOCKED at some of things that were said to me. They can't fix a problem they don't know exists.

I'm not a fan of the cricket myself.

 
At 2:57 AM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

You can join me in my period watch vigil. Sigh.

 
At 7:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am often astounded by the cluelessness of staff in REs offices. Shouldn't they understand a bit better than the general population what we are going through? One would think they would be especially sensitive. Alas, one would be wrong.

And crickets, at least, are better than roaches...

 
At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roaches! She said ROACHES! ARGH!

Sorry. *Fanning self.*

Yes, people in RE's offices should get a clue. At the very least, take a course. Compassion is not rocket science.

As for getting your period -- it usually does take me four or five days to get my period after my last Pill. Every time. So if you're anything like me, your period will start today. Keeping my fingers crossed.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger kati said...

good luck with the upcoming IVF cycle (hopefully by now, at least the bleeding has started! By the way, in my younger -more fertile?- years it always took 4 days for me after BCP to start bleeding.) In the not so very far future I have to make the decision, too, whether to go that road down again. Not quite there yet. My blood pressure still skyrockets just thinking about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home