Tuesday, March 14, 2006

No. 129 - Unintentional References to B.M.

As I was placing my drug order for the Repronex (which is the stim we use since Gonal F and Follistim are cost-prohibitive) for the upcoming IVF#2, I realized I didn’t seem to be feeling the same mix of excitement and dread that I did back in December. I even went back to my archived posts and re-read all of December’s and January’s. Besides nearly passing out from boredom as I went through them, I got such a weird detached feeling from all of it…as if it happened years ago and to someone I barely knew. That girl was so ignorant. She really seemed to think that IVF#1 was going to be IT didn’t she?

My first appointment with the acupuncturist is Saturday. She sent me all the prelimary paperwork to complete and bring with me. It consisted of several pages of statements that you answered with to what degree you would agree or disagree. “I have wondrous and glorious poops.” (Strongly disagree) “I am easily irritated by stupid people” (strongly agree). I really don’t care about the paperwork, just please, lord, make her someone I can tolerate.

I’m feeling like a bad blogger. Not the posting part, necessarily, as I know there’s a whole set of issues there. It’s the commenting. I don’t know what to say anymore that I haven’t said before. It sucks that so many are feeling defeated or in a schlump. And for those who are excited that they are on a new cycle with new possibilities, I have to squelch my first instinct to post a turd-in-a-punchbowl comment, and I have to admit I don’t think I’ve been very successful. Let me say I’m sorry…you know who you are.

Speaking of Turds In A Punchbowl: Mr. DD’s niece had her baby. A girl. That’s not the “turd” part. I think SIL is now pissed because in trying to find out what they are going to call her for short, I used the wrong name. I told Mr. DD that I swear that was the name he told me. Long story, short, I used the name of his other sister’s daughter that she lost in infancy. Yep, feel free to cringe on my behalf.

I’m going to start something new, for me anyway, with my posts. As you saw from the title, I am now going to number them since somewhere along the way I posted #100 and didn’t even know it. Plus, to close, I will post some piece of trivia about me:

Factoid No. 1 – I’m 5’ 6 ½” tall, but I always tell people I’m 5’ 7”.

4 Punches:

At 12:16 PM, Blogger Demeter said...

I had my first acupuncture appointment last week and I was a non-believer, I went because I have read that it helps with fertility, I am a new acupuncture believer. I loved it. I felt like a million bucks! I had terrible back pain and suddenly, the pain is gone. I will go once a week and hopefully will get better and better. I also had to answer a gizillion questions and poop ones too. Did they ask you how much flow you had on CD1-2 and 3?? This is supposed to give you better lining for implantation. Let's pray it will help us both.

 
At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I have wondrous and glorious poops"? If you ask me, based on that bizarre question alone, she'll be fucking awesome.

 
At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, you can never quite recapture that feeling of your first IVF. Not that you'd want to. Btw, your factoid made me laugh as I can never remember if I'm 5'3 or 5'4. I usually go with 5'4 bc it makes the # on the scale slightly more justified.

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Kellie said...

I wonder what actually "defines" ones poops as wonderous and glorious? Is there a scale someplace like the pain scale? 1 being the crappiest of all craps and the 10 being wonderous and glorius? heh. I'd like to see that chart.

Yeah... your on your way! Can't wait to hear about the acupuncture appointment!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home