Saturday, December 31, 2005

Where's My Bubbly?

I woke up about 6:40 a.m. and in a half-conscious state, I pulled on a sweat shirt (which ended up being on inside-out; my attempt at "trendy") right over the top of the t-shirt I slept in and traded my flannels for jeans. I slipped on some socks and ran a comb thru my hair without even bothering to look in the mirror. 5 minutes later I slipped out past Jerry sleeping on the couch and into the garage. I had kicked him out very early in the morning for snoring. We just accept that fact that on the average, one of us will end up on the couch by the time the sun comes up. I'm too light of a sleeper, even with ear plugs; and his snoring cannot - and will not - be alleviated.

By 7:00 I was in the lab having my blood drawn for the beta. It's too early for me to do anything but smile politely at the phlebo as she cheerfully sucked my blood into a syringe and deposited it into 3 vials: Progesterone; Estradial; Beta hCG.

When I got back home, it was if I had never left. It was still dark and quiet. No one was awake except for two cats begging to be fed. I crawled back into bed, dressed as I was, and shut my eyes. Within minutes, I heard Max up in his room and I braced myself for the whirlwind of his presence which always starts with him throwing open the bedroom door and asking if it's time to get up. At what age should your kid be able to tell time???

We watched cartoons for a while in bed, just the two of us. Jerry was able to catch a few more zzzz's, but it was time to get moving.

We made breakfast and ate. I started a batch of chili in the crockpot and by the time I noticed the clock, it was already 9:45. The RE's office was supposed to close at 9:30 and I still hadn't heard from them. I called the number expecting the answering service, but actually got the receptionist. Coinicidently enough, the nurse was on the other line getting ready to call me. She picked up the phone, gave me the results and then we wished each other a polite Happy New Year's, and . . . that was that.

It appears by the quiet around me that Blogtopia has taken the weekend off and I am finding just a few new posts. Everyone must be getting ready to celebrate, and maybe already are. It's got to be the final countdown somewhere by now. Jerry probably will stay up and watch some SNL and may actually see midnite come and go. I will probably be in bed.

I will not be celebrating.




I can't, even if I wanted to . . .




My beta was 44.




I'm pregnant!

17 Punches:

At 8:41 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Have at least a sip of bubbly, you deserve it! Congrats, congrats, congrats.

 
At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean thing, scaring me like that! I almost didn't scroll down--I almost went straight to the comments after "I will not be celebrating."
CONGRATULATIONS! A happy New Year, indeed.

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

Congratulations! What a great time to discover this new blog!!!!!! :D

 
At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DD- I'm so happy for you. I'm glad that your pessimism re: it not working was unfounded and that you are indeed pregnant.

Here's to lots of doubling betas in 2006!

 
At 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's wonderful DD! So happy for you!

They do make a good non-alcoholic sparkling wine however. You should certainly celebrate with that at least!

Yay!!

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Nico said...

I'm so so happy for you!!! You scared me with the "I will not be celebrating" line too. But I get it now. Whoopee!

 
At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! congratulations! how exciting

 
At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YYYAAAYYY!!!!!!!!
I am so happy for you!
I almost didn't check your blog, I was just going to wait until tomorrow and hope to hear from you.

This is so wonderful!
I think I'm happier for you than I was for myself!

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger K said...

YAY DD! I am so happy for you!

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger scissorbill said...

YAYYYYYY!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Cricket said...

Damn those pee sticks all to hell.

Tears! I swore I wasn't going to cry tonight and you f'd that up.

Congrats and hugs and CHEERS!

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger The Queen Mama said...

Congratulations! I will have a glass of bubbly FOR you. Maybe two...

Will also say a special prayer of thanksgiving for you at Mass tomorrow.

Happy New Year!

 
At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful last post for 2005!!! I love reading your blog and I am so happy for you!!! I will have a drink for you and wish you a happy healthy uneventful pregnancy.

 
At 3:53 AM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Congrats!!! Happy New Year indeed!

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Thalia said...

that's wonderful news, many,many congratulations to all four of you!

 
At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how INSANELY HAPPY I am for you!!!!!! Seriously, that is the best news I've heard, and what a great way to start of the new year! =)

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Wah-hoo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home