Saturday, February 18, 2006

"Liar, Liar" Meme

I've only done one or two "memes", so I thought I would give this a try to pass some time. I've seen Liar, Liar before, but I was reminded again of it over at TB's.

The general gist is simple: one of the five statements below is true, the others are tall-tales. I want you to guess which one is true. I will need at least 10 guesses before I reveal the non-fiction statement and any of the details associated with it. I know a few of you that DO know the answer. You can play as long as you don't make it obvious that you really do know which one of these is true.

And guess what? It's really hard to come up with four semi-believable lies that aren't actually based on some truth. Don't believe me? Try it yourself.

  1. When I was a teenager, I won a pie-eating contest at the state fair. As I was accepting my ribbon from the Rodeo Queen, I promptly lost my stomach contents on her fancy white Ropers. There's still a stain on the auditorium's stage floor...it was blueberry pie.
  2. Before Mr. DD and I got married, we had a somewhat social life and would go to the bar on the weekends. One particular evening I had had one (OK, three) too many Colorado Bulldogs, and on a trip back from the ladies room I sat down at a table and started feeling up the guy next to me that I thought was Mr. DD. He was actually at the table one over.
  3. I am very closely related to M&rg Helgen*berger (CSI Veg&s), and when she comes to visit her immediate family who still live in Nebraska, she always stops by our house to visit or take us out to dinner. It's fun, but she usually makes us split the bill.
  4. I was a professional ballroom dancer in my early 20's and competed regionally and nationally. I like to watch D&ncing with the St&rs, but when Mr. DD watches he is just amazed at how intricate the steps are and he doesn't understand that most of it's just basic steps with a couple of kicks here and there.
  5. I lost my pinkie toe in a water-skiing incident a couple of years ago. When I tried to climb up the boat from the back, my foot slipped off the step right into the propeller blades. It was a clean slice through the bone so there was no chance of grafting it back on. I now have a love/hate relationship with flip/flops.

14 Punches:

At 10:46 AM, Blogger EJW said...

#2 sounds the most likely, although I do like the idea of having dinner with cheap-o Marg.

 
At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you felt up the guy at the bar. =)

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger chris said...

I so want it to be # 1 or 2 but I'm going with the toe incident.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Kellie said...

Delurking because I SO want you to get to ten comments so you'll tell us. LOL They're all great but I definetly want it to be #2.

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Portlairge said...

Deluking to say I think you felt up the guy at the bar.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Kellie said...

I think you felt up the wrong guy :)

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Cricket said...

I think it's #3, b/c that is something you might tell someone else, something that others would know that you asked not to tell. I don't think you feeling up the wrong guy would have made it into someone else's consciousness over the long term.

 
At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also delurking to guess it's the Marg one that's true. Not because I think it's funny that she'd make you split the bill, but just cuz we Nebraska girls have to stick together!!

~Tracy
www.aboutdamntime.net

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger The Queen Mama said...

I think #2 would be funniest, but I'm going with #3.

 
At 4:58 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

I think #4 is true. Though I volunteer with Marg's mom so I could ask her about the connection....oh too much work I'm #10 anyway!

 
At 5:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to go with #2 also.

BTW Was it you?? Are YOU the lucky 1 person to win the 365 MILLION $$$$ Powerball?? If so, can I borrow a thousand??

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger April said...

I'm also going with the guy at the bar....

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Cricket said...

Yeah, I came back to check on Powerball status, too. Would you still hang with us once you're rich? That could be Lie #6!

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger OvaGirl said...

I'm for the feeling the wrong guy up in the bar... which is by the way a perfectly normal mistake and ANYONE could do it. (ahem)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home