Wednesday, February 15, 2006

It's Too Early for a Good Title

*
Isn’t it a lovely day? If it is then you are living either to the west or east of me…or quite possibly the north or south. And according to CNN, things are just going to be beautiful today compared to this weekend! I hate how they assume that the location of their station is the only place on earth getting weather that deserves air-time, as today is going to be cold and crappy here in Nebraska and we may see some snow before nightfall. Moving on…

If it wasn’t for your encouragement, I would’ve stopped using the OPKs several days ago. But fortified by your spirit, I kept testing; I bought a basal thermometer; I signed up on fertilityfriend.com; and may be the proud owner of a Taking Control book thanks to Oro. Better yet, yesterday a.m. there was a 2nd line on the OPK. Today, it’s much darker and I’m thinking I still may ovulate this cycle. I won’t let it bum me out much that it may be on CD16-18, which potentially sets me at a 35 day cycle, and that’s if I don’t have a short luteal phase. G*d! This is so much fun! Wheeee…just when I thought I’d miss the excitement of ART for a couple of months. I feel like twirling around like a little girl!

In other developments: the electrical work is complete in our house, and it has been dry walled and mudded. I have until next Tuesday to present our contractor the paint colors for the interior. The cabinets for the kitchen and baths have been ordered and the material and colors for the countertops finalized. Flooring is still up in the air. We have a bid for what we want but since we’ve gone over budget on just about everything else up to this point, we were hoping we wouldn’t on the flooring. Well, we are, and we’re waffling…and I’m still twirling.

Hey! Slappy! Wake up! I know things are boring over here right now. I also know that it’s hard to get into someone’s blog when they are not on the same page as you – and believe me – I feel as if I’m doing this whole baby-thing* in reverse. Normally, one starts out by temping and OPKs, then ART, then baby. Me? Baby, then ART, then OPKs…because I like working and thinking outside of the box; because I hate being “vanilla”; and because the next thing I’ll be talking about is losing my virginity.

~*~*~*~*~*

* I sent a Valentine email with the picture of X to my friend with a brief note that was cheery and non-threatening about how I haven’t heard from her and I missed getting pictures of her kids and that I hope to hear back from her soon. I did that Monday. Still no response. Mr. DD said at least I can say I tried.

11 Punches:

At 7:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You tried!

Glad to hear you got the positive on the OPK. Looking forward to hearing more.

You can probably leave out the REALLY gross details, but not too many, 'cause they're kinda fun to hear.

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger EJW said...

Watch out, the temping is addicting. I love going to bed, knowing that I get to wake up and get a new data point. Maybe that's the scientist in me, though.

Your "friend" sucks, btw. It's just rude not to send a thank-you for Christmas presents.

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Cricket said...

I'm glad you sent her a card (and listened to all my wisdom - ha!) I'll be a clean and unguilty break, if that's what she decides she wants.

I look forward to hearing your adventures in temping. My sleep is so erratic, I never considered temping a possibility.

I stopped OPK b/c of spotting for 1 day, then nothing further flowed. Damn. Will analyze more when the time comes, as there is 'waiting' data to be collected.

 
At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The temping and OPK thing has always been quite clear for me but the doc hates it. Apparently studies show no increase in pregnancy rates when ppl are using OPKs than when not. The secret is just lots of sex. Who knew? Good luck anyway!

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Demeter said...

At least you can say now that you are part of a "new club". Don't forget all the other signs though as temping is not enough! And to Thalia's point temping shows other issues other than the ability to predict ovulation, such as a short lutheal phase. I thought I was the CD14OV-28 day cycle kind of girl. I wasn't!

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Nico said...

Really glad to hear about the OPK positive. I've been dying of curiousity! I hope you enjoy the ensuing fun ;-)

 
At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I temped for a year, but never felt confident that I was doing it correctly. I'm really looking forward to reading about your cycles and learning more about this perspective.

Sorry about the friend. Losing friends is hard, but your husband is right.

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

I don't know how on earth you'd figure out when you were ovulating without the OPKs. Unless everyone but me is an ovulate on day 14 gal without fail. Don't you wonder how women got pregnant 30 years ago?

I just got a thank you call from the friend I sent a baby gift to in early November. I still consider her flaky though and will not be giving any more gifts. Sometimes you gotta break up with the friends that are too much work.

 
At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Positive OPK is good! I hate BBT, can never seem to get it right.

I know how stressful all of this is on top of building a home. Hang in there and e-mail me if you ever need to vent.

 
At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, day 16-18 is still perfectly fine for ovulation--anything before day 21 would be lovely!
And I loved this post by the way. You crack me up.
I will be hoping for updates...

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger April said...

Ack. I feel for you on the house stuff. I had no idea making a decision as simple as color would be so difficult.

And I actually learned to mud and hang drywall after a subcontractor quit on us? Impressed? I was. Heh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home