Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I'm With Stupid...No, Wait, I AM Stupid

~
I commonly ask people who have expertise outside of my googlebility to explain things to me as if I was a three year old. I love the acronym K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple, Stupid). However, when I ask for simplicity and get talked-down to, I get a little peevish. I don’t mean that degradation should now become the tone of our conversation.

That’s what happened this morning when the clinic called to tell me how Unibrow, Bucktooth and Beauty Queen were doing. No one coded overnight, so all three have made it to their Day 4 development in a Code 2.

OK, this is where I ask for a K.I.S.S.

Day 4 (16-32 cell/compaction) is the development the thawed embryos are now in relation to an embryo that has never been thawed. It’s usually around Day 5 (32-64 cells) that they start to go into the blastocyst stage and as such Day 5-6 FETs have a higher chance of pregnancy then Day 2-3 FETs. This I knew.

But “Code 2”? I can find nothing about Codes when it comes to embryos, just Grades. I am guessing Nurse Dufus used the wrong terminology when she told me that Unibrow, Bucktooth and Pageant Queen were all Code 2. Methinks she meant Grade 2, which is average. Grade 1 is “perfect”. And that’s exactly how she explained the codes: “It’s very rare to get Code 1 embryos as that means they are perfect. Yours are at Code 2, which is average.”

Fine. Whatever.

She then tells me they will call me tomorrow morning again to let me know what I need to do. The transfer may be then or it may be Thursday, they still don’t know. I took the opportunity to ask her about the valium for the transfer as they had not given me a script like they had before with the fresh transfer.

“Oh, you’ll get that at the hospital the day of the transfer.”

They must be on to me and my love of the valium and decided not to give me a script to fill in case I decide to fill it early and on the off-chance, to only have one left by transfer day. “Ooops, I was supposed to save them for AFTER the transfer? Oh, golly, I’m sorry I’m soooo stupid! I bet I can’t even count to 1 on my fingers. Hey, how ‘bout that, I can! What? You don’t appreciate me starting the count with *that* finger?”

Hurumph!

So even though Nurse Dufus described my little Unibrow, Bucktooth and Beauty Queen as “average”, they are perfect to me. I’m hoping my luck will change just a little bit for the better. And if last night’s win with the lottery was any indication…Oh, yes, my dear sisters, we are holding onto one of the winning tickets! The powerball was 41, Mr. DD’s age, and that tipped us into a total winning of $4.00 since we matched one of the other five numbers. Yeah, Baby!

Bartender, another round of H$rsh$y’s Kisses, I’m buying!

6 Punches:

At 9:48 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

With the fresh transfer, they used that code terminology with me too. At the time they said it was to measure if they were where they were supposed to be at that stage as opposed to overall quality which considers fragmentation and some other stuff I think.

 
At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY!! I won powerball last week for $4.00!!! I split my winning with the fine commonwealth of Pennsylvania as I used my winnings to purchase 2 more tix for Saturday's drawing.... not 1 stinkin number!! TOmoorow I will purchase another ticket to win the whole enchilada. 115 millllllion dollars baby! heehee, I'll share with you DD

 
At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never mind a Hershey's kiss, I'm gonna go eat a WHOLE chocolate bar in your honour!

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Demeter said...

Good luck on the thawing...Those embies should be ready to rock soon!

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Cricket said...

Hershey's Kisses!

That's P's favorite trick drink. He teaches it to bartenders.

Ummmm, come to think of it, no. I am stupid, too. He always gets Tootsie Rolls - half Kaluha and half orange juice - sounds gross, but it tastes exactly like a Tootsie Roll.

Can you tell I'm trying to distract you?

I was worried about you after the kegger last night when you flashed your tits and we were all fresh out of beads and you got pissed and said Hubs, X, Uni, Buck, and Beaut liked 'em and to eff off if we didn't have the proper rewards for the perky, deserving girls.

Um.

 
At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the lotto! I wish I was so lucky! =)

Uni, Buck, and BQ ARE perfect... and it WILL work. I'm all about the power of positive thinking... and I'm sending lots of kokopelli vibes your way! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home