Monday, January 16, 2006

Make Mine a Lite!

I'm still spotting, but I figured I would for some time since I was flushing out a cycle's worth of repronex, progesterone, antegon and of course one teeny-tiny embryo who really did take after mommy and got too lazy to stick around.

The cramping was pretty bad the first couple of days. It was like one of my old periods where I would gorge myself on chocolate and mochas days before CD1 would show and not drink enough water. Do you know what I mean?

Friday is my ultrasound to see how my lining looks in prep for the FET. After tonite I will be on 8mg of oral estrodial and I am trying to take my folic acid and vitamins daily.

I have reviewed the 2003 CDC findings for my clinic and they have a 50% success rate for women my age (38), but - and it's a BIG BUTT - they only did 4 FETs in 2003 in my age group of which 2 resulted in live births. And they only did a total of 13 that year, of which 4 resulted in live births. Again the odds are better than if we were trying on our own, but I can't help but want something a little more...definitive, ya' know?

It seems surreal that by the end of next week we will have done another transfer - godwilling that a couple of the embryos survive the global warming, petri-dish style. No injections so my buttocks have finally healed and my underwear no longer sport little red polka-dots and I haven't had a good wanding since the transfer on Dec. 21. Suzanne coined the phrase in one of her emails that this cycle should be called IVF-Lite: All the hopes, but half the stress!

Thanks everyone for offering support when I'm feeling none from those I should. Also, I'm sorry that I am not a brunette...this year anyway. I had been growing out my hair since I lost Baby May as a way of mourning. Some women slice off their hair, I decided that I would grow it since I really do not like long hair on me, I've got a pinhead, hatsize 7. I've always been the type to keep it short, very short, so by it being so long, it's an evil reminder every morning that I still am not pregnant. But that is about to change. Friday I have scheduled a hair appt: 1) to take care of those nasty roots as I am a brunette (of mousy hue) under all that blonde; and 2) to take a couple inches off. I have to start slow as Mr. DD associates long hair with babedom. So by that standard, I have only become a "babe" in the last year of our 13 year relationship. Whoda' thunk?

6 Punches:

At 8:29 PM, Blogger Clover said...

I SO hope this works for you. Although I gotta admit that I'm kind of jealous that you get to start right away (although my delay is kind of self-imposed, its for good reason til we figure this crap out).

 
At 5:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pulling for you!

The hair thing sounds all too familiar- my hubby loves my long hair, and every time I threaten to cut it he gets all upset.

 
At 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is it with men and long hair?

I missed your last post and just wanted to say how sorry I am that you're not getting warmth and support from your in-laws, and I'm so glad your husband is sticking up for you.

Wishing you good fortune for this cycle, my dear.

 
At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband also loves my hair long even tho I think it looks hideous (too thin, stringy) when it gets anywhere near my shoulders. Best of luck with the FET.

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Cricket said...

So your collar don't match your cuffs?

Holding my breath for you Friday. Hoping you give good stats, chick.

 
At 1:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing that you are getting started so quickly. I hope that it's a very stress-less cycle.

And good for you re the inlaws. I'm glad you are looking after yourself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home