Sunday, January 22, 2006

Don't Bother With A Roundtrip Ticket

I've been simmering in anger all day in response to a blog I found that compiles the author's ideals of a personal trainwreck. This "person" (I add quotes to emphasize that the author, though human, doesn't really deserve to be humanized) took a personal popshot at one of our own, which I will refer to as M. I won't give details or even a link because I believe the author, Mr. Pickles, deserves little more attention than a wad of gum stuck to the bottom of my boots.

Aside from the original intent of the post, the subsequent comments, most from IFers as well, were in defense of the so-called trainwreck (aka M). In response to one comment, Mr. Pickles, who described HERself as, "...a childless woman for about 40 years and I have not felt alienated from the sisterhood, stigmatized by feminists, or any of that other crap you came up with," described you (and me) as not being M's friends, but "fucking drama vampires." How amazing that her personal, social and professional life has afforded her such a luxury to not lead her down what many women experience in the quest for motherhood! I did note however, she decided to use the term childless (as in not-a-choice) as opposed to childfree, but that's just me making ASSumptions about her choice of words.

Let's break that simple latter quote down: vampire (bats) are parasites: "it obtains nourishment from the host without benefiting or killing the host," and it's only physical manifestation of being a parasite is rancid bile or a steaming pile of shit. That said, I/we will always be Supporters of M's journey through infertility, the real vampire is Mr. Pickles, using other journals of hardship or sadness to fulfill her own needs. We are supporters because for whatever reason we relate to not only the pain of infertility, but to M's successes; her humor and intelligence, because as surprising as it seems, not all of her readers are infertile. That's an unfair categorization in itself, but to call us vampires is an insult to all of us who have followed her posts because they have touched us emotionally on some level or another.

I can't help but imagine the course of history that has led Mr. Pickles into creating such a blog. Obviously, her life must be truly a trainwreck to have a compilation of them into one area as a way of making her own experience look not so miserable or lonely.

8 Punches:

At 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ran across this in my ventures as well and had much the same reaction. I just don't understand why some people feel the need to judge people- esecially those they have never met. It's not their life, nobody asked their advice, it's none of their business so BUTT OUT already!

~just my 2 cents...

 
At 5:52 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

I'm speechless, I went and read the blog and I'm stunned. Isn't it interesting that someone who doesn't care to have a child is spending so much time perusing IF blogs?? If you think it's ridiculous and the people are crazy...why obsess and keep reading? Mr. Pickles has issues that I suspect years of therapy haven't yet dented.

 
At 6:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sad loser that Mr Pickles is.

Good luck on your FET!!! I'm rooting for you.

 
At 6:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so hate being out of the loop. Can I pretty please have the link?

 
At 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, found that blog. Isn't it interesting that a blog that specializes in trolling can't take a few trolls of their own? Assholes.

I mean, if all they do is level criticisms at other bloggers, it seems they should be ready for some pay-back.

 
At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What really got to me was someone used my moniker to post something really nasty before I had even found the site. I was really stumped to figure out what to say after that. I thought about not saying anything at all but I didn't want my sister "drama vampires" to think I would go after one of my own. I have seen meaner stuff that that post but some of the comments that came afterwards were beyond comprehension.

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger DD said...

LaLa, I have to admit when I saw the comment by monikor "LaLa" I thought WTF! but then I saw what I assumed was your actual response under "Not that LaLa."

I didn't want to click through any names or links which would've generated more traffic then was already being generated.

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was me - "not that LaLa", someone suggested I was being copied due to popularity....umm, I don't think I'm that popular but I felt I had to point out it wasn't me. I didn't want to give them the traffic either........

 

Post a Comment

<< Home