Monday, December 05, 2005

"It has begun..."

Today is Day 1 of our IVF/ICSI cycle. I will be driving the Metro to see my RE tomorrow. I haven’t had a date with the wand for so long; I don’t know whether to be excited or apprehensive. Oh wait. I’m already both. I have already started rehearsing the dialogue in my head for what I will write in my blog in 30 days if the results are negative.

Why is it so much easier to believe the worse possible outcome? I’m almost hyperventilating thinking about it. Most likely, this will be our one and only shot at expanding our family…

I have to go. The words on my screen are starting to blur…

7 Punches:

At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! Good luck! I will be thinking of you and wishing you well. By the way, I am exactly the same, as far as visualizing the worst possible scenario.

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Cricket said...

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Good luck with everything, that it goes as smoothly as you're afraid to wish.

 
At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's hoping that you get good news!

 
At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck, I really hope this works for you!

 
At 4:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we think the worst so that we aren't as dissapointed- so that even if we get bad news, we have a shorter distance to fall.

I wish you all the possible luck in the world!

 
At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's hold hands and jump in together, shall we? I can so relate as I am in high anxiety mode myself. I've really found that deep breathing exercises help, but I need to do them on a regular basis, not only when I'm panicked. (If I wait until I'm all stressed out, its hard to calm down. If I do it regularly, it keeps me from becoming panicked.)

Here's hoping we both have good news at the end of the month. Good luck with your RE appt.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger MsPrufrock said...

I think by anticipating the worse you lessen your disappointment if things don't end up the way they want them to. That's why I am negative anyway. I'm not saying it's advisable to be that way.

Good luck and enjoy that wand.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home