Friday, November 25, 2005

ECHO, ECho, echo...

Heeellllooooooo, looooo, loooo. Anybody oouuutt theeerrrree, ouut theeerre, out theere?

Yeesh!

I've been racking my brain to come up with something Brilliant, Enlightening, Snarky, etc., that might inspire a little more action that what I've been seeing from you out there, but sorry, I got nuttin'.

Well, I got this little update which is no more than a blip on the screen... Remember in my last post how I said my hormones seem to be on hiatus? Within an hour of me posting that I was getting some cramping and that reminded me that I had forgotten to take my pill the night before. Since I couldn't get away from work, I figured I may end up with some breakthroughbleeding (btb) before the end of the day, no biggie. But that's not what happened. It was during a bathroom break that I realized that my btb was like the beginning of a full-on period and the cramping had gotten significantly worse. I called my RE's office and I was advised by Dr. M.'s nurse that based on my description of the symptoms I was experiencing I should take a HPT to rule out pregnancy, then take 2 pills that night and 2 more the next night.

I didn't take the HPT. I did take the pills as instructed and last night I had a beaut of a migraine coming on which I'm associating with the honking of the hormones. The bleeding has stopped, but I'm surprised with how much "old blood" I am still seeing when I go to the bathroom. Weird, huh?

On a related note my PIO script showed up and so did something else via USPS but I wasn't here to sign for it so I'll have to trek to the Post Office (a.ka. HELL) tomorrow to pick it up. BTW, it was just yesterday that I had an *aha* moment and figured out what the acronym PIO meant while reading another blog. For any newbies out there, PIO = Progesterone in Oil, an injectible version of progesterone - a step up from the progesterone suppositories, which I will sorely miss - HA!

So things are gearing up for our IVF cycle. My subsequent posts should become a little more intersting as I start my injectible schedule and the visits to the RE pick up in frequency. Heck! I might even finally come up with a catchy nick-name for her (so what if it's already been 5 months?). Then again, they may not as one cannot truly apreciate my bitter sarcasm without the contorted facial expressions and crazy, jerky body/arm movements that are my trademarks.

3 Punches:

At 7:04 PM, Blogger Cricket said...

Tag, you're it. Add me to yours.

I am very glad to read another SIF blog. My first pregnancy was rather uneventful as well, but no others have been forthcoming for me. Still, almost as if I'm being punished, I have guilt now about the first one being relatively easy, even if it took years of endo treatment to get there.

I am so sorry about your loss of a year ago. Your posts about it were so touching.

 
At 4:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why didn't you take the HPT? Any excuse to pee on a stick is good by me. Hoping that the hormones smooth out, that headache sounds like no fun.

 
At 7:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh--hormonal migraines are the worst. I hope your IVF cycle goes swimmingly. And you amaze me--given even the tiniest, most tenuous reason to pee on a stick, I will do it. I am a glutton for punishment. Good luck with the PIO shots. Oh, and some one (I can't remember who--maybe reprogirl?) refers to PIO as PIA: Progesterone In Ass. Ha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home