Monday, November 28, 2005

"Doom on you. Doom on you."

My title is from the animated movie, Ice Age. It's the scene where a flock (?) of Do Dos are converging on our intrepid heros who have stolen the flock's watermelon, just in case you were dying to know....

I've got the MondayMorningAfterAnExtendedHolidayWeekend Blues.

I'm sitting at work, trying to focus on the projects that need to be completed by the end of the year and instead I have been blogging. And that has led me to feel a little in the funk. First, I'm bummed that I won't be able to meet up with the Midwestern Bloggers this coming Saturday because it's Max's 4th Birthday. I then start to feel guilty because I sound like I'm not looking forward to Max's Birthday, which of course I am. I have invited some other kids his age for cake and icecream, which he is excited about. However, I did not invite the grandparents, aunts, uncles, Godparents, etc., because I think he's at an age where he would rather play with his peers than be kitchy-kitchy-cood by his old relatives. So I feel guilty about not inviting them.

I feel a little left out as I found I am not on the famous blogroll, even though I sent an email as instructed when I first started blogging in August. I'm trying to tell myself it's not because I suck or my blog is boring, but even I know that I can't compare myself to the Masters. I don't have the education or the experience to back it up.

I'm irratated with FedAss who supposedly came by Friday a.m. to drop off my rx from Schrafts, but since I wasn't there to sign, they didn't leave my package. I didn't know they had come by until today when I called customer service and they tracked the package as there was no notice on my door. I couldn't use the email-notification with my work's email being down and I was unable to look up the stupid tracking #. Now I have to go to the one location in town to pick it up - but only between the times of 5:30-6:15. I hate you, FedAss!

I don't want to be at work. There's a blizzard going on outside, but it's 85 degrees in my office. Why? Because the area I work has one thermostat for multiple offices. Said thermostat is controlled by a manic-depressive schizoid in the office next to me, which she keeps herself locked in. Her determination to keep the temperature balmy reinforces my belief that she is a snake, lizard, or some other cold-blooded reptilian in disguise. We have nicknamed her Psycho Suzy; which indicates her presence of mind, not her name.

One bright note: a little dog showed up in my yard yesterday while I was putting up xmas lights. After some meager attempts to contact neighbors to see if they recognized the dog (he had a collar but no tags) I called the city police, who act as animal control. I felt terrible having to turn him over to the pound, but I just couldn't house the little Papillion with my 2 crazy cats and 4 year old son. I just now called the city and the owner was located this morning. If I hadn't kept the pooch with me to turn over to the city, he would've surely perished in the storm last night.

I'll get over this funk. These are minor bumps in the road considering what's coming up. I don't know if I have enough presence of mind or time to prepare myself for the worst.

See? I am definitely feeling gloomy, aren't I?

7 Punches:

At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww--poor thing. We will miss you this weekend too.
As for The Big List, I am not on their either, yet--you will notice that it says "update in progress," so I am sure you will be on it once said update is finished (which reminds me of all the updates I keep meaning to do on my blog--Ack!)
I am right with you on the Outdoor=Blizzard, Indoor=Sauna thing. Everyday I dress for work thinking "should I dress for the weather in 8,000-ply cashmere or for my office temperature in a bikini?"
Hope you feel better soon...

 
At 6:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, shucks. I'm not on the famous blogroll either. I like to think of it as having a small, but very cool and exclusive readership. Yeah, that's the ticket.

We'll miss you this weekend!

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger Away2me said...

I didn't ask to be on the big list, should I? LOL

Good for you saving that dog. Doesn't it make you feel good.

 
At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh sweetie, I'm sorry you were having a crap day.

If you mean julie's blogroll it took ages for her to update it after I emailed her. She doesn't edit anyone out, I promise. At least not as far as I know and it doesnt' seem like her to do that. So I'd email her again and make sure you put whatever it is she wants you to put in the subject line.

Hope the rest of the week is a bit better.

 
At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not on the blogroll, either, my friend. I don't know Julie, but I like to think she's the all inclusive type and that she just hasn't gotten around to adding us in yet. (But I have to admit that I'm heartened that you, too, are bothered by the fact that you're not featured on the list.)

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger April said...

Oh honey sorry to hear that you're in such a funk.

As for the "Big List" - please don't take it personally, it is only updated occasionally, and you may have honestly just fallen through the cracks.

Send her a follow up e-mail.

 
At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahem. You most definitely do not suck. As others have said, I suspect the Big List has not been updated in a wee while- it will be eventually. Julie herself would admit she is way behind in dealing with emails & stuff (she had a post about it recently, I think.)

Hang in there sweetpea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home