Sunday, November 13, 2005

Spring Cleaning

First, let me say Thank You to all of you who left your comments in response to the Memoriam. I am humbled and most appreciative.

So now that I now have figuratively finished the spring cleaning of my heart, other areas of neglect are also due for some attention.

Last week I was told my the RE's clinic that I couldn't start the pill until I had my period. If my period did not arrive on said date, even though I was already on day 36 of my cycle, they would prescribe me provera. I would have to wait until my period started and that I had a good, heavy flow to make sure "things got cleaned out really good."

Uh...'scuse me?

I didn't realize that my uterus was in need of a dusting, otherwise I would have looked into getting a Woomba a little earlier as they are on back-order due to the holidays. Now I have to find one of those spider vacs or settle for a Swif.fer. I know that the old ute hasn't experienced much activity lately, but how much damage can a few dust bunnies and spider webs really cause anyway?

So on Nov. 9 I started the Provera and even though I was told it could take anywhere from 3 - 10 days to get my period, I was in full flow-mode by the next day. Today I get to start taking the Pill, and have already been instructed to take it through December 3, which ironically is Max's 4 th Birthday. In the days following, I will start my schedule of the fine IVF drugs in prep for our ICSI. I'm psyched. Scared. Excited. Nervous. Scared some more. Etc.

And just for fun, please feel free to finish this sentence, "My uterus is so clean..." For example, "My uterus is so clean...I could see my reflection if I was flexible enough," because we could always use a little levity in our lives - that is if you weren't able to enjoy the video on the Woomba.

4 Punches:

At 6:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how about... you could EAT off it??

sorry, you asked!

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Julie said...

::giggle:: I was thinking that same thing.

 
At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I KNOW mine is all clean, freshly scraped, dusted and polished. I could have my mother in law over for a little visit.

 
At 5:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL Joie, you have a "white-glove" MIL too???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home