Saturday, October 29, 2005

The 2nd Annual Engagement Ring Fashion Show 2005

I finally have an excuse for Jerry to help me figure out how to get pictures on my blog! I'm not ambitious enough to do it on my own...I need a PURPOSE...

So, I was going thru my short blog-list and Joie's post was my catalyst.

In honor of the The 2nd Annual Engagement Ring Fashion Show 2005, the following is provided for your entertainment:

Jerry and I met in 1991 during an after-bar-hours party at his house. I was new to town and had met only a few people. When I got there, I was the odd-man out as no one knew me, but everyone else were buddies. I sat in the papason chair and picked up Car & Driver (I'm a closet gearhead), and Jerry came over and offered this as his pick-up line: "There's a Lamborghini-for- sale ad in the back of the magazine," to which I answered, "Oh really? Diablo or Countach?" and he was putty in my hand. Aaahh, you can almost smell the bloom of romance...

Years later, I had to give the ultimatum: we either get married or I'm outa' here. Basically, I guilted him to proposing. This was my reward for 5 years of persistance:

We were married a month before I turned 30...whew! That was 8 years ago. Here is my reward after 5 years of marrriage:


Ah, love...what a wonderful thing!

8 Punches:

At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dawn, Max is sooo cute!! Love those EYES!
I figured out how to pst the pics... I can't seem to figure out how to list the blog links!!

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger DD said...

Cat, I tried to email you but it was returned. Sign into your blog, click on Blogger Help, click on "How do I edit my link list?"

Follow the directions, and vwa-la! Instant links! Good luck!

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger Mrs. D. said...

Gorgous!!! And what a sweet pic of Max!

Thanks so much for participating!!!

 
At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a doll! So worth 5-10 years wait!! Obviously you and your man are made for eachother, I bet you are one of only a handful of women who know the difference between a Diablo and a Countach. I sure don't!

 
At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cutie!!

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Beautiful, both of 'em!

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger OvaGirl said...

It sure is DD. Congrats...on a lovely ring and a lovely child!

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Zrexa said...

nice

 

Post a Comment

<< Home